Duhovka Preschool admission procedure and conditions for school year 2017/18
We are bringing you more information about the Admissions Process to Duhovka Preschool.
Regarding the 2017-2018 School Year, information is as follows:
We would like to inform you that from November 2016 until the end of April 2017, you may submit non-committal Application Forms to Duhovka Preschool. The Enrollment is going to take place on May 2 and 3, from 8:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. in the office in Kozlovská Preschool. You will receive the Decision of (Non-) Admission to preschool education in our preschool within 14 days after the Enrollment.
The Admission Process Step by Step:
- During the period between November 1, 2016 and April 28, 2017, parents can submit a filled-in non-committal Application Form (available for download on this web page below). Each Application Form will be allocated a reference number by the Director. The order of Application Forms received is one of the criteria of acceptance.
- Another criterion is an interview with the School Director or a Deputy Director. The parents will be invited to meet with the management in person in order to discuss whether the preschool’s offer corresponds to the parents’ expectations. Should the daily schedule allow, the parents will also have the chance to meet the teachers and visit the classes. At the same time, they will get to know the environment and background of the preschool better. At this meeting, Montessori pedagogy and philosophy will be discussed, and parents will be introduced to Duhovka values and the possibilities of advancement within the educational system. At the meeting, parents will also receive a Parent Handbook, a sample School Calendar, and further information about the preschool that we consider to be important to read at their pleasure.
- After the meeting, parents receive a contract to preview and comment on via email.
- On May, 2 and 3, 2017, the Enrollment to preschool is going to take place in the office of the Kozlovská branch of the preschool. During the Enrollment, parents sign a committal Application for Admission to Education in Preschool. Please bring your ID card or passport, birth certificate of the child, health insurance card of the child and a filled-in personal file with a medical report from a pediatrician acknowledging required vaccination, allergies and the child’s competence to be admitted to preschool. The preschool can only accept a child that has complied with mandatory vaccination, and has a proof that he/she is immune to diseases, or cannot comply with the vaccination due to permanent contraindication.
Within the following 14 days, the parents will receive a Decision of (Non-)Admission to Duhovka Preschool. They may pick up the decision in person in Kozlovská 9 or Cihelná 2 against a signature of the contract. By signing the contract, the child’s legal representatives agree to pay the tuition fees for the month of September (the payment is non-refundable).
At the same time, we would like to let you know that in case the number of Application Forms received exceeds the number of places available in preschool, the following criteria will be assessed:
- The order of Application Forms received
- Children with advanced level of English or another foreign language
- Siblings of children who already attend Duhovka Preschool or another educational institution within the Duhovka educational system (Duhovka Elementary, High School Duhovka)
- Children’s age in the following order: 3-year-olds have priority, followed by 4-year-olds and 5-year-olds, then children younger than 3 years of age who do not wear diapers, change with minimum assistance, are able to follow simple rules, to be separated from parents, and express their needs adequately. This is reviewed during child's visit at the preschool which is a requirement for their enrollment. We accept children younger than 3 years of age at three times during a year - in September and October and then in January.
Parents will be asked to fill-in and submit the following documents on the child’s first day at school at the latest:
- A list of persons authorized to pick up the child
- The parent/legal guardian’s consent with audiovisual records of the child being taken and used
- Child form
On the other hand, should the capacity of the school allow, a child can be admitted to preschool education during the course of the school year as well. This applies to an enrolment for the 2016-2017 School Year as well.
You can download the application form here.
In case of your interest or possible questions please feel free to contact us.
Kozlovská 9, Praque 6
Phone: +420 733 317 843
Cihelná 2, Praque 1
Phone: +420 733 700 478